Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/05/25

Tinea Versicolor

Hi. My 16 year old son has Tinea Versicolor. There are a lot of spots on his back and chest. They are also behind his ear and onto his face infront of his ear. He has used the Selsun shampoo as prescirbed by the doctor. I see on the internet he can use Nizoral or Sporanox. Which is better to use in order for this not to reoccur? And what is the dosage?

Debbie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I agree that Nizoral or Sporanox is the best treatment (better than Selsun shampoo). You will have to visit your GP for a prescription for the medication and he/she will provide you with the dosages.

Kind regards