Posted by: Illeana | 2008/07/15

Time to b ruthless with needy boyfriend?

I can't handle my boyfriend's neediness anymore. He demands too much of my time and needs constant reassurance about my motives when I want to see a male friend, even though I invite him along. When we argue about something he won't let it go until we've analysed the problem to oblivion. When I refuse to indulge his neediness and irrationality and ask him to go home because I don't want to argue/over-analyse something, he won't budge. He won't give me space.

Is he being controlling? Is he bad news or is he just insecure and in need of something I'm not giving him (like more patience in communication)?

Yes. Yes, and Yes

Posted by: Yoda | 2008/07/15

You shouldnt have a need for male friends when you have a b/f. However, you do do the right thing when you invite your b/f along.

He sounds like a bit of an ass. If you're open and honest about your motives, there really shouldn't be any problems.

The problems arise when the truth behind motives are hidden.

He still sounds like a bit of an ass though...

Reply to Yoda