Question
Posted by: Survivor | 2005/11/30

Time is a good healer

Last nite as I was going through my diary for last year I realised that last year exactly this time of the year I was going through a terrible heartbreak after my boyfriend dropped me. I never thought that I would get back on my feet but now one year down the line I am laughing at myself for allowing myself to go through such unreasonable depression. I have just realised that he really was not worth my time and that time is a really good healer. To all the brothers and sisters going through a divorce, serparation or any kind of heartbreak please be strong and in time you will realise that it was not worth it. It might be difficult for now but trust me, it will come to pass.

Hi Survivor, Thanks for reminding us of tat great fact. Isn't it a pity that while Time almost always does heal, it seems almost impossible for us to believe that it will do so, at the time we most need to be reassured ? That's one reason why it is essential to forbid oneself to take the idea of suicide seriously, as we need to survive long enough to find out that it all mattered so much less than it felt like at the time

4
Posted by: Survivor | 2005/11/30

Trust me, it will come to pass. Just be strong and try to be financially independent.

Reply to Survivor
Posted by: Pat | 2005/11/30

I hope so survivor. Discovered dat my fiance hab been cheating on me....for the second time.......different women. Cant leave him now ..........not financially indepent. It hurts me so much!

Reply to Pat
Posted by: Sipho | 2005/11/30

That is so true....had a similar experience...but now it's all water under the bridge... to think at one stage i contemplated suicide!!!!

Reply to Sipho
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/30

Good for you for posting this!

Reply to CP Mom