Question
Posted by: Jade | 2008/01/10

Time

I'm a working mom so have very little time to exercise and take care of little one etc.
Just wanted to know a few things : I go to the gym twice in the week, one day I do legs for 30 mins and the other day upper body for 30 mins, I then do cardio on 3 other days, running, skipping, boxing for 30 mins - is this sufficient?? I follow a healthy eating plan.

Hi Jade

Of course, any exercise you do more than rest is beneficial, so the fact you're doing 5 days of training is excellent.

I can't say whether or not it's sufficient, because there is more to it than simply 5 days, for 30 minutes each. For example, diet is crucial and you did say you follow a healthy eating plan, but that's relative too! So in terms of diet, you need to make sure that you are eating to complement your lifestyle and your exercise plan.

Another thing is your goal - I'm not sure entirely what your goal from this training is? If it's general fitness and weight loss, which is probably the most common, then yes, you're on the right track.

The one thing you might wish to consider, and I realise that your time is minimal, is that you might benefit from doing a day or two of 45 minutes each of cardio, if you can. Just those 15 additional minutes, twice a week, mightmake a difference.

But on the whole, it's good in principle, it's just a matter of making it work now!