Question
Posted by: mgreene | 2005/06/20

Tight calf muscle

I walk about 4 miles per day at a very brisk pace. I noticed last week after walking that one of my calves was very tight and a bit sore. I took 3 days off during which time I stretched and rested it. I attempted to walk this morning after stretching, and didn't even get a quarter of a mile before my calf locked up and became very sore. I am currently resting and icing it. Any other suggestions? I am already on anti-inflamatories for a elbow tendon injury.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear mgreene

If rest and ice are not helping you need to consult as doctor, preferably an orthopaedic specialist, as you may have a serious, chronic inflammatory condition, which untreated may cause further damage and disability.

1
Posted by: mgreene | 2005/06/21

Since I haven't heard from anyone yet, I have a couple of addtiional questions. How long do I have to rest from walking and can I substitute an excercise bike for walking?

Reply to mgreene