Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/11

tied tubes

i have had my tubes tied and have considered having a another baby is there any way to go about getting pregnant and have you got any contact details regarding this matter thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Anonymous

There is essentially two ways that one can try and have a baby after tying the fallopian tubes. The one method is reversal of the fallopian tubes however this method is dependent on the type of sterilization that was undertaken and the length of fallopian tube left behind. This procedure is done by gynaecologists who have an experience in microsurgery. The other method of trying to fall pregnant after sterilization is in-vitro fertilization. In-vitro fertilization is performed at specialized fertility units. There should be a fertility clinic close to where you stay in most major cities in South Africa.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/13

I had f/clips 3 years ago. Also considering reversal of sterlization. however both in-vitro fertilization &  surgery expensive. and medical aids does not cover. Any referalls?

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.