Posted by: Jen | 2008/08/28

Hi All

Some advise please! I take my dog to the park every afternoon and last night I discovered 2 smallish ticks on her, which I removed and flushed, do you think that I should worry further about this? How do you know if you dogs have become infected by these ticks?

Dear Jen

Not all ticks have the biliary parasite to transmit to dogs. Clinical signs develop in 7-10 days after infection, depression, not eating and pale mucous membranes.

Just keep and eye out for these signs, treat with a good tick product (from vets/vetshops) and do not worry to much.

Posted by: Tania | 2008/08/29

Live in really infested area- use Advantix monthly with great success - still see occassional tick - nothing is 100% - but this is closest to it.

Reply to Tania
Posted by: WR | 2008/08/28

Hi there,

Regular treatment with Frontline or the like will keep them at bay.

Reply to WR