Question
Posted by: Cynita | 2003/01/16

Tick bite Fever

Dear Doctor.
I was bitten by a tick a week ago, and now the bite is red,swollen and sore. The bite is on my ankle, and the lymph nodes on the same side is swollen and very tender. I have been getting headaches and fevers, but they are restricted to the evenings. This has been going on for the past 2 days. I am a homeopathy student, and not very keen on antibiotics. What do you advise, as I can't afford to be booked off on account of having to work.
cynita

Cynthia, I think the first thing to do would be to have blood taken first and find out whether you have tick bite fever or not. If it’s negative, you will have to search for another cause. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/16

Dear Cynita
You may be interested in our comprehensive article on tick bite fever in the section: A-Z of diseases. Hope you find it informative.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24
Posted by: Claire | 2003/01/16

I had tick bite fever a year and a half ago. I suggest you go see your Doc. You will probably have to take the medication prescribed for Tick Bite Fever. I am not keen on antibiotics either. Good Luck!

Reply to Claire