Posted by: BGirl | 2009/03/25

Thyroid???please help


It has been suggested by a colleague that I should have a test done for underactive thyroid. My symptoms include greatly increased hair loss, painful and heavy periods, fatigue, irritability, unexplicable weight gain among others. please help, i' m desperate.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear BGirl
You do have many of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid. Please see your doctor for a blood test.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: BGirl | 2009/03/25

Hi I am only 27. And am on the pill already. Thank you for your help though :)

Reply to BGirl
Posted by: Dee | 2009/03/25

Hi there,

Another cause of your problems could be hormonal. I have gone onto HRT it is very similar to the pill and just balances
out the hormones. how old are you? once you are in your
fourties the hormones often change.
Alternately - go for a blood test, they can pick up immediately
if your thyroid is underactive and will put you on Eltroxin.
Good luck!

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.