Posted by: Frustrated | 2008/09/22

Thyroid,Insulin Resistance

I am currently on eltroxin(Throid) and metformin for the insulin resistance. I am finding that of late I am moody and become extremely angry for no reason. My hair is also thinning and becoming more noticeable. I am also tired all the time and feel like i am gaining weight on a weekly basis. Is this all because of thr thyroid? other than exercise and diet is their anything else i could do, just to feel better and healthy?

Dear Frustated
When last did you check your thyroid hormone levels, it sounds as if it could be low. You may also have anemia or iron deficiency. Try eating small low GI meals 6 times per day to keep your blood sugar stable.

Posted by: ja | 2008/09/23

Reply to ja
Posted by: Ja | 2008/09/23

Please read:

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Ja | 2008/09/23

Where is the T3? You have T4 in eltroxin, but what about T3(Tertroxin). make sure you dont perhaps need that.

Reply to Ja