Question
Posted by: SUNSHINE | 2008/01/18

THYROID&INSULIN

I am currently on 0.05mg of eltroxin for my thyroid and sandoz metformin 500 for insulin resistance. I recently had my thyroid re tested and I am still on the same medication, the problem is that I am still battling to lose weight, I am tired all the time, battle to concentrate and my hair is falling out quite badly. I have been on the eltroxin for about 9 months now and the metformin for about 3 years

Dear Sunshine

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is important for me to know what your thyroid level results were, in order to provide you with proper feedback. It does however, sound like if you are experiencing symptoms of a low thyroid count. It is also important to have your blood sugar levels tested, as well as your cholesterol levels. The weakness and tiredness are linked to the low thyroid count.

Kind regards