Question
Posted by: Rolene | 2005/11/21

THYROID-WEIGHT LOSS

I read the article by the person talking about Thinz. I am also on 0.1 Elktroxin and have taken Thinz to lose weight. It really did help - I lost 5kg. But my GP said that once my Eltroxin dosage is stabelized I should lose weight.
I weighed 85kg about 18 months ago - then suffered from Hyperthyroid - I was Thyrotoxic. I went down to 65kg in like 3 months!! But I couldn't eat a thing - continuous runny tummy and nausea. i had the "Radium?" pill and took about 4 months to recover. My GP says that it will take about a year to correct the level of Eltroxin. Once my Eltroxin dosage is correct for my body will I then be able to lose weight. I now weigh 96kg!!!!

Rolene, Eltroxin® reaches its optimal efficacy after 4-6 weeks. So saying that you have to wait a year is a bit ridiculous. The fact that you gained 30kg in 4 months is also unacceptable (assuming that you follow a healthy diet). The best would be to see a surgeon that knows what he is doing and have it sorted out. Good luck.