Posted by: Clem | 2013/02/09

Thyroid Testing?

Good day,
I have done some reading on thyroid testing. I was actually doing some reading on why my menstrual cycle is so abnormal the past 4 months and saw a post on thyroids. I have about 85% off the symptoms. Which Tests are needed for testing? What is it called?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Clem
If you suspect that you suffer from an underactive or an overactive thyroid, then you need to ask your medical doctor to send you for the relevant thyroid tests. Abnormal menstrual symptoms may also be due to a variety of other factors such as stress, hormonal variations and conditions such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and insulin resistance, so it is important to ask the dr to explore such factors too when he/she sends you for the blood tests.
I hope you will be able to pinpoint what is causing your menstrual problems.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.