Posted by: ush | 2007/05/03

thyroid problem

i have been on eltroxin for the pass two years and have stoped my medication(being very silly). i went for a test and the results were <100mlU/l. the range they gave me was 047-4.7mlU/l. what should i do start my medication and then repeat the test and than go and see the doc or what do you suggest.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Ush
Did a doctor not send you for the thyroid test in the first place? If not, then please go to your dr who is treating you for your thyroid problem and discuss the matter of stopping the Eltroxin and the results of your thyroid test with him/her so that he/she can decide what you need to do. Don't just stop and start taking your Eltroxin without the assistance of your dr as this can lead to a number of complications.
Take care

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.