Question
Posted by: ush | 2007/05/03

thyroid problem

i have been on eltroxin for the pass two years and have stoped my medication(being very silly). i went for a test and the results were <100mlU/l. the range they gave me was 047-4.7mlU/l. what should i do start my medication and then repeat the test and than go and see the doc or what do you suggest.

Dear Ush
Did a doctor not send you for the thyroid test in the first place? If not, then please go to your dr who is treating you for your thyroid problem and discuss the matter of stopping the Eltroxin and the results of your thyroid test with him/her so that he/she can decide what you need to do. Don't just stop and start taking your Eltroxin without the assistance of your dr as this can lead to a number of complications.
Take care