Question
Posted by: Jen | 2004/11/22

thyroid inderactive

Hi. My doctor said I have a thyri\oid problem, not enough hormone is produced. He prescribed Eltroxin. The reason i went to him is because i was dieting and not losing weight. Will i lose weight on this medication? Should i diet while i am taking this medication?

Jen

Jen, you should lose weight once your hormone levels have normalised, but watching what you eat will do no harm. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2004/11/22

An underactive thyroid gland is sometimes the result of too much dieting, so you should put the reducing diet on hold until your thyroid function is completely back to normal. And then don't ever overdo things again.

I lost 35 kg two years ago, and ended up with an underactive thyroid and a serious disease, which has left me with permanent CNS damage and many symptoms indistinguishable from multiple sclerosis.

Reply to Karen