Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2007/03/30

Thyroid gland problem

Hello. Please can you help me? I'm a 26 year old working mother of two young children. Recently I went to my hairdressers and she told me that I have more than normal hair loss. She said it could be that my thyroid gland is not working properly. Lately I have been feeling irratable and moody, and not quite myself. I have also started to get acne on my face - something I haven't had a problem with before. What could be the problem? Do I have some sort of mineral shortage, and what can I do to resolve the problem? Could it be my thyroid gland, and what simptoms should I look out for?

Thank you,

Melissa

Hallo Melissa
It could be your thyroid - ask your GP to do a thyroid function test and also test your blood iron levels. He will then be able to suggest suitable supplements.
Vitamin wise Nu-hair may help.

2
Posted by: anon | 2007/03/30

You need to go to your GP for a full checkup and who will do blood tests to determine if your thyroid is underactive. You also need to have your hormones checked as acne is a sign of hormonal imbalance. Stress can also cause hair loss, etc.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Maps | 2007/03/30

I had a Thyroid removed in 1998 the symptoms are: moodness, irratable, tiredness, cheeky, tremours, bulging eyes. An operation is recommended.

Reply to Maps