Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2005/11/23

Thyroid Blood results

A brief history. Was diagnosed with overactive thyroid and took radioactive iodine. Now have underactive thyroid and take eltroxin
Monday - Friday 150 ug
Saturday & Sunday - 100ug

We are wanting to go for IVF treatment (our 3rd try) next year.
A thyroid blood test now indicates the following
TSH 0.07
T4 22.4
TAB IgM 52
TAB IgG 65.4

Is there anything I can do to increase my TSH levels and decrease T4 and TAB IgG levels?

Many thanks

Dear Butterfly

Your results appear to be reasonable at this stage. Should you wish to decrease the antibody levels, I would recommend a low-dose of cortisone be used such as METICORTIN in a dose of approx. 10mg daily at the start of your next fertility treatment program. Please note that the cortisone should not be used for unduly long periods as there are other undesired side-effects . The use of low dose cortisol should not have any effect on the embryo or fetus and is not likely to cause any abnormalities.