Posted by: Marietta | 2008/09/23

Hi, I had part of my thyroid removed 7 years ago. Ever since I' ve been gaining weight. I am drinking eltroxin every day and is going for check ups every 6 months. Is it safe for me to use Xenical in aid for weightloss? I only need to loose about 7 - 10 Kg max. I am not obese.

Dear Marietta
Basically Xenical prevents the body from absorbing fats from the diet, so you should be able to use it together with a very-low-fat diet. However, Xenical is generally used for individuals who have more than 20 kg to lose. It is expensive and must be prescribed by a medical dr. So discuss the use of Xenical with the dr who is treating you for your hypothyroidism. Combine your diet with daily exercise to obtain the best results.

Posted by: Lielie | 2008/09/24

Can I use kelp with eltroxin (for hypothyroidism)?

Reply to Lielie