Posted by: Evash | 2008/07/09

Hi Doc,

Please can you advise of normal thyriod levels. I did a blood test last week, and my doc said that my thyriod levels were normal. TSH is 4.17. Apparently if it is above 5, then it is considered hypothy...... . Is this true? coz i have done some research on the net it says now that your TSH should be around 2.5 and below to be considered normal levels. Prevouisly normal TSH levels were around 5 and below.

Please can you shed some light on this subject.

Many thanks and much appreciated.

Hi Evash
It will depend on the normal levels of the lab that you tested at - it may differ from lab to lab. Please discuss with your doctor or look on the lab results at the normal levels for that specific lab?