Question
Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2007/12/20

Thyroid

Good Day Doc

What are the side affects of Eltroxin ( Thyroid tablets) on the Kidneys and Liver.

My current dossage is 100mg....which I take daily in the evenings.

Does it affect the chances of falling pregnant.

S.

Dear Anonymous
Eltroxin is a replacement hormone of the thyroid hormone your thyroid gland would make naturally and is not harmful to the kidneys or the liver. It will also not affect your chances of falling pregnant and if you take the right dosage and monitor your thyroid hormone levels regularly in pregnancy would not make your pregnancy more difficult or dangerous.