Question
Posted by: Deidre | 2007/02/26

Thyroid

I am currenlty experiencing the below symptoms:
-Hair loss
-battling to swallow (often flem)
-Sensation of being choked at night while sleeping & then battling to regain my breath
-Battling to breath at times (not asthmatic, lung funtion test normal)
-Fatigue
-reoccuring discomfort in thyroid area - feels like something is swollen pushing toward back of throat.

I was recently at a doctor due to severe heart spasms, raised blood pressue, raised glugose and very high resting heart rate. (I normally have low pressure) They drew blood and said I had an underactive thyroid and wanted to put me onto chronic medication. The next day the doctor called and said my thyroid was not "per say" underactive and I should rather come back in 3 months for a new blood test to confirm??
I still have the above symptoms. Are they symptoms thyroid related? Should I see a different doctor? Something does feel wrong Im not sure who to see.

Dear Deidre
These symptoms can also be due to a chronic post nasal drip - but can be thyroid related - did they do a FSH or full thyroid function test? Maybe a second opinion would not be a bad idea - get a copy of the blood tests first so that you don't have to go ( and pay!) again.

1
Posted by: Lynne | 2007/02/26

If I were you I would go and see an Endocrinologist, phone your local hospital and ask for names and tel no's of Endocrinologists.

Reply to Lynne