Posted by: bb | 2006/10/24


I don't know if I have a thyroid problem. I was losing hair, I am constipated. I was under the dermatologist care for my acne and when I mentioned my hair loss, he recommended Androcur and Regaine. I haven't actually tested my thyroid. Both my friend and I are on weighless and I lose an average of 0.4 per week and I don't cheat whereas my friend cheats and loses between 2-3 kg per week and she said maybe she is losing alot because she is taking eltroxin. Could this be true? What should I do? Where is the best place to do the testing, etc, at a normal GP OR SPECIALIST.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear BB
Your GP can check it out for you with a blood test. Ask him at the same time to check your insulin levels, you may be insulin resistant.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.