Question
Posted by: bb | 2006/10/24

THYROID

I don't know if I have a thyroid problem. I was losing hair, I am constipated. I was under the dermatologist care for my acne and when I mentioned my hair loss, he recommended Androcur and Regaine. I haven't actually tested my thyroid. Both my friend and I are on weighless and I lose an average of 0.4 per week and I don't cheat whereas my friend cheats and loses between 2-3 kg per week and she said maybe she is losing alot because she is taking eltroxin. Could this be true? What should I do? Where is the best place to do the testing, etc, at a normal GP OR SPECIALIST.

Dear BB
Your GP can check it out for you with a blood test. Ask him at the same time to check your insulin levels, you may be insulin resistant.