Question
Posted by: BKhan | 2006/04/04

Thyroid

Morning Doc
Please tell me about Thyrostim for an underactive thyroid, I read about it in the YOU megazine. I am currently on Eltroxin .5mg.
I also suffer from constipation, serious constipation, does constipation make you feel nauseous after you eat. I also read about Irri-Col for constipation in the megazine. Please advise.
BK

Dear Bkhan
I studied "conventional" medicine and is scared to use anything other than real Eltroxin for hypo thyroidism!! The problem with some health products are that not all of them were tested scientifically. If your Eltroxin is not enough it may make you constipated. Please ask your doctor to check your blood levels. You are on a very low dose.
Herbalife has a very effective herbal product for chronic constipation. You can also use something like Lactulose. Irri-col should also work.