Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2003/03/09

THYROID

I keep on hoping, desperately, that something is wrong with my thyroid so that I can take tabs. and lose weight!! Well, it doesn't seem to want to go away through legit. means!! Doc, is it possible that a thyroid test can be negative? I have read about tests that are more conclusive than the more usual one. I feel so sluggish but I don't have popping eyes!! Is there another test please? Thanks.

Maggie, maybe it would be better to get a different doctor’s opinion than a different blood test. Why don’t you get a second opinion from a specialist physician and make sure nothing’s the matter? Good luck.

3
Posted by: Been there | 2003/03/14

I have suffered from thyriod problems from the last 8 years as well as an increase in weight gain. All of the test came back fine (within normal limits) and I have been on eltroxin for years now. The weight gain however continued. Finally I consulted another doctor who found that I have diabetes II through doing a fasting insulin test in the morning. My insulin level was 6 times higher than the normal range. I am on medication and finally the weigh is shifting (albeit gradually).

I have looked for an answer to this problem for years!!

Perhaps you should have an insulin test??

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Sue | 2003/03/11

USING 6X5MILLIGRAMS NEOMERCOZOLE/DAY STILL HAVING PULPATATIONS & TREMORS MORNING
& NIGHTS.IS THIS GOOD

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Sue | 2003/03/11

USING 6X5MILLIGRAMS NEOMERCOZOLE/PAY STILL HAVING PULPATATIONS & TREMORS MORNING
& NIGHTS.IS THIS GOOD

Reply to Sue