Question
Posted by: Shaz | 2003/02/01

Thyroid

I recently had all my functions tested as a general check up measure. My mother has thyroid problems and I thought it well to test my own. I received the following readings (in Afrikaans)

Vry T4 = 13.1
S-TSH = 1.03
Die tiroiedfunksie resultate pas in met EUTIROIDISME.

I don't use any thyroid medication. I od suffer from constipation and use Agiolax and I've been on Aropax for 3 years now (currently reduced to a half tablet every 2nd day).
Should I do something about the thyroid?
What do you recommend?

Shaz, “eutiroiedisme” means normal thyroid function. From this you can see that you need to do nothing. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Smurf | 2003/02/01

I have thyroid problems which is not genectically linked as far as I known? I take 250mm in Thyroxine tablets per day. I am the opposite to hyper-active. I am now 47yrs, and I would guess
this trouble is a result of very active and over extended youth.
Since I have lived a very hectic life.
Yours sincerely
Smurphy
uK

Reply to Smurf