Question
Posted by: joan | 2007/03/01

thrush/ yeast infection!!

hi there, is there any over the counter medication (without having to get a prescription) for thrush or yeast infection?

You can get Canesten over the counter.

3
Posted by: SE | 2007/03/04

Hi Joan.

If it is just a simple yeast infection bulgarian yoghurt should do the trick. I have done it many times. You can eat about 500ml a day for 2 or 3 days, that should do it. My Gynea once told me you could even insert some onto your vagina. Honestly, I dont think I will go that far. I find that simply eating it sorts out the problem. That is, if you noticed it soon enough to be able to treat it that way. As for Thrush, it would be best to get something from your pharmacy.

Good luck.

Reply to SE
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/02

Canestum VC - not sure of the spelling

Reply to Lea
Posted by: REPLY | 2007/03/02

Yes, your pharmacist can give you something over the counter. Can't think of any brands.

Reply to REPLY