Posted by: joan | 2007/03/01

thrush/ yeast infection!!

hi there, is there any over the counter medication (without having to get a prescription) for thrush or yeast infection?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You can get Canesten over the counter.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SE | 2007/03/04

Hi Joan.

If it is just a simple yeast infection bulgarian yoghurt should do the trick. I have done it many times. You can eat about 500ml a day for 2 or 3 days, that should do it. My Gynea once told me you could even insert some onto your vagina. Honestly, I dont think I will go that far. I find that simply eating it sorts out the problem. That is, if you noticed it soon enough to be able to treat it that way. As for Thrush, it would be best to get something from your pharmacy.

Good luck.

Reply to SE
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/02

Canestum VC - not sure of the spelling

Reply to Lea
Posted by: REPLY | 2007/03/02

Yes, your pharmacist can give you something over the counter. Can't think of any brands.

Reply to REPLY

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.