Question
Posted by: Nono | 2004/11/24

Thrush keeps coming back

Last month I had treatment for thrush (ointment) and now I see the symptoms again. This will be the third time I have had thrush because last year I had this for the first time. I don't know if this is caused by the kidney infections that I constently have. For my kidneys the doctor normally gives me the Citra soda and Amoxycillin trihydrate tablets. I practise safe sex and I'm HIV negative so I don't know why this is happening to me.

Antibiotics can predispose to thrush. If you have to take a course of antibiotics, take Interflora as well, to decrease the risk of thrush.

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/24

Don't mean to scare you or anything, but .....

Has your doctor checked your blood sugar levels, and/or insulin levels. Apparently this also has an impact on recurrent thrush.

A lot of diabetic women suffer with recurrent thrush.

Reply to FH