Question
Posted by: philip | 2005/07/11

thrush infection? or what could it be?

First of all, I am in a monogamous relationship, married ,well I know that I don't sleep around. Problem is this, twice now my wife has complained within 24 hrs of me performing oral sex on her of vaginal itching. Doctor prescribed dactacort I believe as I can't ask my wife as she seems to want to keep the info to herself. I don't know what to do, is it possible that it is just a thrush infection as I have a dry shin patch on the side of my mouth and also at times red blotches appear and disappear quite quickly after a shower or if it is hot. My wife seems to blame me for the infection as she says it happens each time after we have done what I described. Is it possible for thrush or other infections to present so quickly after exposure to it. Or is it something else? I dont have any itching myself on my penis or anywhere else.

Phillip, I doubt that you’re to blame – it definitely doesn’t sound like an STD as I know of no STD that Dactacort® will work for. During cunnilingus your beard might irritated her skin and this may cause a bit of discomfort the next day or so (yes, Dactacort® will work for this). Next time try shaving just before you’re intimate and see what happens. Good luck.