Question
Posted by: Anna | 2008/05/29

thrush everyday

im losing my mind i have tested for sugar and HIV and both test came back negative, did a pap smear and still the results came back normal, i have been to dr's and gynaeos for this infection but nothing seem to work, i have taken diflucan i dont know how many times and still this infection refuses to go away<br><br>Dr and ladies plz help me im dead broke because of this, now i have resorted to home remedies, using plain yogurt as i would a vaginal cream i insert it with a tube im in my 2nd day now im not sure what im doing.<br><br>HELP HELP

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult another gynaecologist for a pap smear, as well as a MCS of the discharge. It is possible that the discharge is a normal one and therefore, it does not respond to medication. It is a good idea to continue with the uncultured yogurt.

Kind regards

3
Posted by: naga | 2008/06/02

Hi Anna
Just to add on what Anne said if you are using a bath foam it can also be the cause ofthrush, I have the same problem, I stopped using bath forms and other soaps I just use the green sunlight soap not bath foam, I am thrush free.

Reply to naga
Posted by: Anne | 2008/06/02

Hi Anna, check the soap you are using to your laundry with. Try good old fashioned green sunlight soap and hand washing your underwear, rinse it properly and make sure that the bathrooms you use are clean - even if you have to carry an antibacterial spray with you. Consider a course of probiotics as well

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Lala | 2008/05/29

Hi Anna

I know what you are going through. I also was on these tablets but it did not help. I used Canestan Cream and Culturelle Vaginal Capsules that you insert into the vagina before bed time. +- 3 days and the infection was almost gone.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Lala

Reply to Lala