Question
Posted by: pebbles | 2003/02/24

Thrush and yoghurt

I just wanna know how true is it that if you eat loads (4 times a week) of yoghurt (live yoghurt), you will never suffer from yeast infection, ever again!!!!!!!!

Dear Pebbles
Eating live low-fat yoghurt every day is a dietary practice I firmly believe in, but I cannot guarantee that you will never get yeast infections again! Candida or yeast/thrush infections can be caused by a variety of factors such as hygiene, exposure to a source of infection, use of antibiotics, reduced immunity, certain other medications, etc. I do think that your chances of getting these infections will be reduced by eating that yoghurt regularly.
Enjoy!