Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2004/12/13

Thrush again and again

For the past three months I've been suffering from thrush. I've been using the creams but nothing seems to help. I went to a new doctor on Friday and she gave me Doxycycline and flagyll tablets but not the cream. Can you please tell me what these tablets are supposed to do because nothing has changed yet? I'm trully depressed. I don't have a partner and my blood levels are fine.

Thandi, if you really have thrush the antibiotics are not going to work. You will need to take an antifungal tablet/capsule like Diflucan® or Sporanox®. My advice would be to see a gynaecologist and have it sorted out once and for all. Good luck.