Question
Posted by: K | 2007/12/03

thrush

Please could you tell me how you know whether a boy has thrush? He was on antibiotics for 5 days, his penis was red at the tip and he was grabbing at his nappy and crying - he is 15months old - when i took off his nappy he would hit his penis and grab it and moan. It looked a bit red at the tip. I did not have any cream for this but I used the Daktarin oral thrush gel I used when he had oral thrush and spread a bit on him and it seemed to help as he did not complain anymore. Was this ok to do, in future what can i use for him and what can I look out for..

Dear K
Thrush presents with a bright pink or red rash with clearly defined edges. There may be small red spots near the edge, and you probably treated it correctly. Canesten vaginal cream usually works well on mucous membranes and Lamisil cream on skin.

1
Posted by: Itchy and Scratchy | 2008/12/05

I recently returned from a trip at the coast. Im now suffering from an itch vagina. What is this??

Reply to Itchy and Scratchy