Question
Posted by: Eddie | 2004/11/09

Thrush

My wife have been having thrush for almost two years now. We did see a number of Gynaes, have samples sent to the labs. on many occasions. The infection goes away for at least three months before it resurfaces again.We did buy new underwears thinking that the candida might be in her clothing. I need to know i need to know if there is any stronger medication she can use.

My is reluctant to have this infection treated every time I raise the issue of visitng a Gynae she peaks a fight.

You don't say what medication she has tried. Options are pessaries like Canesten or tablets like Sporonox or Diflucan. It wuld be a good idea to use these for three months in a row before each period, as this is often when thrush occurs. You should also be treated. If these do not succeed,she should be screened for diabetes and HIV which both depress the immune system and cause recurrent thrush.