Posted by: Eddie | 2004/11/09


My wife have been having thrush for almost two years now. We did see a number of Gynaes, have samples sent to the labs. on many occasions. The infection goes away for at least three months before it resurfaces again.We did buy new underwears thinking that the candida might be in her clothing. I need to know i need to know if there is any stronger medication she can use.

My is reluctant to have this infection treated every time I raise the issue of visitng a Gynae she peaks a fight.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You don't say what medication she has tried. Options are pessaries like Canesten or tablets like Sporonox or Diflucan. It wuld be a good idea to use these for three months in a row before each period, as this is often when thrush occurs. You should also be treated. If these do not succeed,she should be screened for diabetes and HIV which both depress the immune system and cause recurrent thrush.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.