Question
Posted by: kiepie | 2007/05/08

Thrombosis?

How would i know if i had thrombosis? I work 12hours a day standing on my feet and my left leg is always more tired than my right leg and the ankle also very often swolen, i do have some varicose veins but my father had thrombosis and i was just wondering if i have it 2?

Hi Kiepie
If you have thrombosis, you have pain in the leg, the calve feels "stiff" and if you measure the two legs, the one is thicker than the other. Then one can confirm this with a doppler sonar and a blood test. Maybe you should wear pressure stockings or travel stockings anyway?

2
Posted by: Angel | 2007/05/09

My husband has trombosis and by the symptoms you have given me, it sounds like you do have either Trombosis or Deep Vein Trombosis. Best would be to go and have it checked out asap as this is a life threatening problem. DVT is also hereditary.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: K | 2007/05/09

Normally with a DVT you can get a large red patch at the location of the DVT and it is very warm to touch.

Reply to K