Question
Posted by: Sore Throat | 2004/10/18

Throat Problem

My pharyn was swollen last week and then it has moved down my throat and it feels as though I have stomach acid in my throat. It is also very pasty in my mouth. My ears are also itchy inside.
Should I go on an anitbiotic or will my immune system clear this up?

ST, your immune system will probably die the trick if it is due an infection, but it might be due to something else like gastro-oesophageal reflux. If it doesn’t clear up by the end of the week the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.