Question
Posted by: Bman | 2007/04/12

throat

Hi doc, ive had swllen glands for about two months now and im not even sick, antibiotics didnt even take it away, theres definatly infection because it feels like it is spreading downwards and it really irritates me, there is no pain at all, just a swollen throat, very uncomfortable at times, i am a 20 year old male. do you have any advice for me?

Dear Bman
Yes, please let your gp have another look - this can be a sign of TB, HIV or even cancer - if needed they have to take a biopsy and do some bloodtests.