Question
Posted by: Tia | 2006/04/13

Throat

I constantly have the problem that my throat feels like it has been cut open with a piece of glass and that the glass has just been left there (making swallowing incredibly painfull). It seems to happen from eating normal things. Eg. Swallowing vitamines, fried chips, toast, pizza (anything hard). I can literally feel that the item gets stuck and nothing gets it loose. Ive tried drinking LOTS of fluid, vomiting and even to a point hitting the outside of my neck to see if that might work. Eventually when the item dislodges itself the pain continues but is just not as sharp, but feels like the glass item has been removed but my whole inside throat area has been sliced open).

Is there something wrong ??

Hi Tia
I think you should ask your doctor to refer you to a gastro-enterologist - they need to look at your throat with the camera. You may have a narrowing, or chronic esophagitis, or even a tumour.