Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/03/15

Threatening Abortion

Hi I want to know what is happening, I have a friend who is three months pregnant, and she emailed me this morning tellin me that her discharge is so red it looks like her periods and she has these pains that feel as if she is going to get her period. She went to the doctor and the doctor told her that it is normal for pregnant woman to get that funny discharge and the pains, but she said it is really painful. So she just called her gynae and he told her that what she is going through is called a threatening abortion, and there is nothing she can do about it, what she has to do is rest and take pain killers. I don't know if her having an abortion two years ago could be the cause for what is happening to her. If someone knows what is happening and what she has to do, please let me know because I am really worried about her.

The previous abortion would not causae this. There is nothing she can do apart from rest. 80% of threatened abortions will settle and continue as normal pregnancies.