Posted by: mazo | 2008/05/30


i have a 5 year old daughter n im 36 weeks pregnat my boyfriend who is married fathered this children he is supporting my first born financially,he dont want to take care of the coming one he told me that if i took him for maintanance he will rather kill mje or the children .he is a police man what if he meant it he told me yesterday telephonically,if i want to open a case r they not going to need a proof ,pls help me

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

So sorry to hear about this. He has already committed a crime by threatening you, and if he supposes that being a policeman somehow places himm above the law and allows him to get away with criminality, he ought to be wrong, and is a danger to the public as well as to you. And sadly we know that many policemen do behave disgracefully and have murdered wives, girlfriends and children, so such threats have to be taken seriously. Is there a possibility that you could go to a safe place and lay charges from there ? The police ought not to be so stupid as to demand proof from you when his threat was made by phone and without witnesses --- if they are clever, they could get you to call him from another police station with them listening and recording the call, and see if he makes the threat again, and at least investigate. And if you have laid such a complaint, if anything does happen to you, he will, deservedly, be the first suspect.
Similarly, if he is the father of the child he MUST, by law, pay maintenance, and isn't free to choose not to do so. The Maintenance Court can make a case to ensure that, and then if he doesn't pay maintenance, it's contempt of court and he could go to jail for that.
If you are in a major city, try calling your local branch of POWA, an organization that helps and advises abused and threatened women, and they may have useful practical suggestions. Protect yourself and your children at all cost

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.