Question
Posted by: MANDY | 2007/11/30

Threat made online

I recently sent out my CV which stupidly has a very small picture of my face at the top of it - it also included my email address and the area I want to get work in.<br><br>A man added me on my msn messenger and sent me a message saying he knows what I look like and he area I live in. He claimed he is going to find me, rape me, slit my throat and leave me to rot in a dump - I was completely and utterly shocked by this.<br><br>Should I just be aware? Should I tell anyone about this? I have no idea if it is some sick person who gets off by making these threats - either way its sickening and making me feel ill.<br><br>Please help!!<br><br>Thanks, Mandy<br><br>

Excellently answered by anon. Report this to the police immediately, and inist that they trace this pervert and lay charges against him, as making such threats is a criminal offense. Inform your ISP as they may be able to trace the sender. Where did you send your CV ? POssibly to employment agencies etc ? Inform all of them in writing / by email of what happened, as they may want to check who would have had access to your CV, and check on their own employees or people with unauthorized access to their data --- they ought to keep your data strictly confidential, and should be alarmed to learn that this has happened, and eager to find the miscreant.
Keep in touch here and let us know what happens

1
Posted by: anon | 2007/11/30

Call the Police and report the matter. There is a telephone number whereby you can report stuff of this nature.....they investigate it, your service provider can trace the IP address, etc.

If I find the number I will post it. In the meantime report it. Do a google search 'reporting abusive threatening mail' the numbers might come up.

Alternatively call Lifeline/Famsa they may have the number on their records.

Reply to anon