Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/05/11

Thoughts

Hey CS whats new ???

I have been reading with some interest all thats going on lately .. and would like to add my 1/2 cent ....

I was visiting my daughter in Jo'burg this weekend , one of the reasons I went up there was to attend her graduation ceremony.

It was held at Soshanguve , she was a bit alarmed that I would be scared of going into Soshanguve but I wasnt going to put a damper on her day and off we went.

I tried to count the amount of people there .... and spoke to an Usher , there was +4000.00 at the ceremony, what was however mind boggling that there were probably 10 whites including us at the ceremony !!!!

I asked one old lady why she thought this was and she said well people dont want to associate with so many africans ???????? okay fine I thought .....

I was treated with the upmost respect and politeness , I landed up sitting on the lawn with all the parents having a good chat about our respective offspring ... watching with amusement as the few whites huddled into a corner away from the crowd as if scared of catching some disease.

It was a fantastic ceremony and I enjoyed it .

Its sad tho that all the "whites" couldnt have had the same enjoyment as we did .....

I made a South African chat buddy and I was telling her of my love of curry and she tells me she wont eat curry because Indians are filthy .. I was horrified ....

Its high time in this country that those of us who call ourselves adults get with the programme , wake up guys .. there are lovely people out there you are losing out.

Incidently have any of you noticed how polite and friendly people of other races are .....??

Its a small percentage of people that are rude and unfriendly ..look past those .

Absolutely right, Carol ! Having worked in Soshanguve in the past, I know just what you mean. Sad how some people know nothing of the folks who live just down the road, and treat nearby neighbourhoods like a foreign country