Question
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Thought for the day

From the standpoint of everyday life... there is one thing you do know; that man is here for the sake of other men - above all, for those upon whose smile and well-being your own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate you are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.
-- Albert Einstein

Expert ImageCyberShrink Annex

Thank you for your response

24
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Maria, I think its wonderful to have a connection like that.  Don't worry about the essay, I enjoy reading and hearing of experiences that have enriched lives, especially when as you say it helped you with your mental health. I understand your point. I think I have found something that will break my depression. Its as if I have this huge creative block connected to depression, but since I've been reading poetry for the past few days, I have even managed to start work on a painting. Anyway, now I go rambling on. Have a stunning weekend and get trotting on that horse.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Hope*, that really varies from person to person. If you are not too badly injured, the best thing to do is get back on immediately. Which I did on Wednesday night, mostly to teach the horse that he cannot get away with it, but also to hang onto my nerve. I had a bad fall last year in March, landed on my coccyx. Got back on the horse a week later but my confidence was gone and it took me a long time to build it up again. And yet we keep riding... it's a kind of madness! Seriously though, in terms of my mental health horses was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's not easy to explain... part of the benefit I think is that while you are working with or riding a horse you have to concentrate and be "in the present". It is a wonderfull way of taking your mind off everything else. But there is also a magic to horses, to the fact that these huge animals will willingly submit themselves to you, and the amazing things you can do together once you make the connection...

Now I wrote you an essay, sorry! The only way to become an experienced rider is to fall off a few times and get back on... of course falling off is not compulsary, it just tends to happen.

I love my horse to bits, and cannot imagine life without him. My daughter loves him too, and my husband as part of his wedding vows promised to put up with the horse. :)

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Is getting back on the horse difficult to do once you've fallen off?  Does it make a difference if you are experienced or not?

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Going to a 1 year old birthday party tomorrow. :) Otherwise just normal weekend stuff. And I'm going to get back on that darn horse!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

So, does anyone have any great plans for the weekend?

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/18

They are doing a Load shed here in 5 minutes for 2 hours so will say good bye and have a lovely weekend

xxxx

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

John, my nick has a very special meaning to me.  There has to be hope - this I discovered in my darkest of dark hours - hope became the anchor of my soul.  The star, is an award to myself for making it.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Ness, you really are a terribly naughty girl. 
 Glad I dont live in Benoni.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: John | 2008/01/18

Thanks Ness! Funny!!

Reply to John
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/18

Benoni Chat up lines :-)

Alternate Pick Up Lines

1. Did you fart, cause you blew me away.
2. Are your parents retarded, 'cause you sure are special.
3. My Love for you is like diarrohea ... I can't hold it in.
4. Do you have a library card, 'cause I'd like to sign you out.
4. Is there a mirror in your pants? Because I can see myself in them
5. If you and I were Squirrels, I'd store my nuts in your hole.
6. You might not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a
light switch away.
7. I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your bed-rock.
8. Your eyes are as blue as window cleaner.
9. If you're going to regret this in the morning, we can sleep until
the afternoon.
10. Your face reminds me of a spanner, every time I think of it my
nuts tighten up!

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/18

LOL too funny!!

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Hmmm... John, I'm not sure Ness will see that as punishment!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: John | 2008/01/18

Hi Hope*

Hope is your nickname? I've always thought it to be a lovely name for two reasons: one is that it is the end of one the most charming readings in the bible and the other is that HOPE is the one thing that makes life possible. Without it, there is no point. None at all.

Anyway, Ness is the resident expert on Friday jokes but I see that she is being remiss in her duties. I will really have to put her on my lap and spank her.

Reply to John
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Hi Ness, glad you're better today. 

Hi John, had a good old chuckle at your joke on the post above!

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/18

I feeling great thanks all.

John I responded to your email already.

Right, now to do some work seen as yesterday I was useless.

xxx

Reply to Ness
Posted by: ^anon^ | 2008/01/18

Hi there Ness, John,

Yes, I noticed it too. Think it may be an automated response, either the hacker is having fun, or perhaps the IT admin dept trying to repair CS's site....they been testing out here....Maria your post appears pale green and the other one pink on my screen. So John we share one thing in common, we both see the same colours! on our pc. :)

Ness, good to see you are feeling more alive than you were yesterday.

Maria, pleased the chiro has been working magic on your body.

Yes it is the weekend soon!!!!! Now I need to get some more work done!

Reply to ^anon^
Posted by: John | 2008/01/18

Mornin' all,

Maria, the quote is a remarkable description of unbuntu, even though its not intended to be. Good one. ANd the 'peach' looks distinctly 'pink' on my PC. Don't know what it is. The Hacker, maybe?

Ness, so pleased to see that you are feeling better. I sent you an email earlier and I suppose it will eventually reach you sometime today.

Reply to John
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Hey Ness, glad you're feeling better today!

Anybody know what's with the peach coloured message from "Cybershrink Annex"?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/18

HELLO!!! I'm back and alive. Never drinking again. (I mean it this time :-))

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/18

Morning all. Chiro put all my bits back in the right places this morning, he is confident that by Sunday I will be as good as new!

It's almost weekend!!!!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: ^anon^ | 2008/01/18

I'm very well thanks Hope*, just trying to get an early start before the possible load shedding takes place, causing havoc.
All the best for the shrink appt.

Reply to ^anon^
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Hi ^anon^,  I'm OK thanks, have regular shrink appointment this morning.  How are you?

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: ^anon^ | 2008/01/18

Good Morning Maria, what a wonderful thought to start off the day. How you feeling today.

Good Morning Hope*, how you doing.

To everyone else, good morning, have a great day!!!! Enjoy your weekend.

Reply to ^anon^
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/18

Thanks Maria and good morning, hope your aches and pains are a little better.

Reply to Hope*