Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/25

Thought for the Day

Ever wondered what it would be like to be perfectly normal?
I woke up this morning feeling so great and it occured to me that maybe I was feeling 'normal' today. Then I just had to laugh cos I could not remember or could not concieve of what normal actually is.

CS - what is normal??

Very much a weasel word, almost always abused. There are many meanings of normal, like in statistics
And shrinks don't much like the word --- we srink away from it, as you might say. I like one definition I heard, that you're normal if you can entertain yourself, another person, and new ideas.
I guess the general shrinkology definition would be a state with which you are reasonably content, in which your physical and mental state do not interfere with your home or work life.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/25

CS

That definition makes perfect sense to me

Will reflect and see...

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/25

i think normality is a state of mind...... what is normal for one person may not be normal for another.....

Reply to Lois_Lane