Posted by: Levenpoint | 2009/01/29

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - Question 29

Dear Dr de Beer

Thank you kindly for repsonding to my question (no 29) - I understand that you must be extremely busy and have little time for this.

I also know that you are the most highly regarded expert in SA, in your field, which is why I value your advice.

I have had a look at both " Thoracic Outlet Syndrome"  and " Cervical Facet Syndrome" . None of the symptoms for these respective syndrome' s look familiar to me.

Your advice did bring me to a syndrome referred to as " postural syndrome"  and some of symptoms for this syndrome did in fact look familiar.

Given my description of my symptoms, which are indeed cronic, do you think that this could be my problem? [I am a deskbound-professional and sit behind a computer most of the day, every day.]

If so, who should I see about it? Bearing in mind the experts I have already consulted. I also cannot find a " pressure point specialist" .

My problem is not one of means or inclination, but rather the right advice. I am prepared to see any expert, at whatever cost, simply to relieve the symptoms.

Thank you very much for your time.

All the best to you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Mr Levenpoint,

I appreciate your questions. Simply by reading your messages does not make it possible for me to come to a specific diagnosis. You do mention that you have seen many experts. I am not sure what and who they are and what investigations were done, for example Neurology, MRI scans, CT scans, etc. To give me more information on what type of specialist you have seen, even who you have seen and what special investigations have been done, I can certainly point you in the right direction. You are also welcome to communicate to this on our direct email address: You will see the email addresses on our website:

Thank you


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.