Question
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/02

this weekend ...

He didn't make contact with me at all today, so I sms'd him that I hope he has a good day at work. He then emailed me that it's not going welll, things crazy at work, everyone shouting at him, he's not feeling well, he needs the whole weekend to lock himself in his house, to think and pray and make a plan because suddenly the whole world is against him and he feels he's running around pleasing everyone. He's obviously feeling very sorry for himself. And I'm on my own this weekend.
Should I reply on his email, or just leave it?

.....

15
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

Pencil...No problem..is what I thought :)

have a wonderful weekend!!!!

look after Y O U

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Apologies Pencil, I thought it was our usual Friday imposter again.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Delene, our Friday imposter is back. Ag shame, die arme stommerik.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/02

Sorry Delene, that was me - I was in such a hurry to let you know that you're right and that's probably what's been happening all along, him knowing I'll come running to help him..... eish

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

I didnt post this last msg!!?

I'm a tad lost now..LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

Oh my word - YOU'RE RIGHT

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/02

Been there - I'm going to stick to my guns - yes. My goodness. Can't believe I'm back here again...

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

pencil, yeah...I reckon he gets great enjoyment outa it that youare always waiting, you are always phoning after him, you are the one CARING, and if he tells you enough how sh*t his day is, you will be florence nighting gale again & come to his rescue....
Then he will tell you no no, please i need time alone......you will feel rejected, he will feel like the king again.
Yo-yo game up & down....
Break the string

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Been there | 2005/12/02

I personally think that he knows you care - you have shwon that, do not become his emotional door mat, he is in a total confort zone when it coems to you, its a constant ego stroke knowing you will always be there.........Why not test the waters and see if he truly cares?
Leave him wallow in his self pity, seems to me the guilt trip is working.
Go ahead with the plans you made - stick to your guns or you will find yourself back in square one

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/02

Thanks guys.... I'm still contemplating... might reply, i think if I don't I'l say a lot more.... and yes i agree with you Dalene, i think he's trying to make me feel guilty. Not going to fall for it.
Going for a haircut after work, then for drinks with family, then maybe a movie with my brother? We haven't done anything together for aaaages. Maybe he needs time to realize what he'll lose...

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

I think you ought to reply, just say something like I hope your day gets better, or I'm thinking of you. I think he needs some time out alone, and so do you! Good luck Pencil.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

he is trying to make u feel guilty

leave it

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Been there | 2005/12/02

Hey there
Nice to see u here again - DUMP the sod, was he not supposed to spend time with his "bad friend" maybe he has been let down and I agree Helena - that saying is often true.
What were your plans for the weekend anyways?

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

It sounds to me like he wants a bit of time on his own. Give it to him. He will respect you for it.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Helena of Troy (making a cumback) | 2005/12/02

When I was still single I use to say if a guy asks you for a date on a Wednesday you are HoT property. If he asks you by Thursday he's just made it.
If he asks you by Friday everyone else has said no and if he asks you on the day you are a desperation-f*ck.

If he's into you he'll make plans with you.

Reply to Helena of Troy (making a cumback)