Question
Posted by: eLFi | 2005/11/24

This weekend

Hello Everyone

Can anyone give me some ideas or advice.

If I could, I would put off this coming weekend forever. It is supposed to be like any other weekend. Only it is my birthday. I’m dreading it. Because obviously turning a year older. Contradictorily, I don’t want a fuss made, but my heart is feeling broken already, because I’m absolutely sure that the people I want to remember it won’t, or don’t care anymore…and I don’t know why! I’m faced with the choice of waiting for my phone to ring at any given time over the weekend in case that someone phones to ask me out (and I know the chances are very slight…) My parents live a half a day’s drive away. They have been asking me to come home every single day for the past 2 weeks. I don’t want to, and I don’t know why. Maybe because of the travelling. Maybe because they will make a fuss.
Can we press “pause” or “skip” and just get this over???

Well answered

3
Posted by: lee | 2005/11/24

Hey.. its the new millinium.. ask him.. go out for a candle lit dinner and some dancing.. whatever you think it is that makes it special.

Reply to lee
Posted by: eLFi | 2005/11/24

Thanks, Lee

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I'm going on leave from next weekend anyway, and 2 trips would be a bit much on the budget! I have told him, he does know. Guess the suspense is too much for me.

Reply to eLFi
Posted by: lee | 2005/11/24

If you're worried your special day is going to be overlooked by someone in particular.. remind them. I know i'm terrible with dates. I think you don't want to go to your parents, not because of the drive or the fuss but because you hope that "that someone"will call you. Why not call him/her and invited him/her out with you to celebrate your birthday. At least that way you will know and not sit by the phone.

Alternatively go to your parents (they are dying to see you and you know it) and make an effort to enjoy yourself. After all what could be more special than celebrating the day you were born. If you are down cos your a year older be glad you survived the year so that you could have your birthday.

Hope you have a stunning, awe inspiring day. Hope this birthday is the best you've ever had and the start of many wonderful things and years to come.

Reply to lee