Question
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/11/18

This very important

TRADITIONAL MEDICINE, VITAMINS AND IMMUNE BOOSTERS MAY BE HARMFULL WHEN TAKEN WITH ANTIRETROVIRAL MEDICINE. ALWAYS TELL YOUR DOCTOR WHAT MEDICINES YOU ARE TAKING, INCLUDING VITAMINS AND MEDICINES BOUGHT AT PHARMACIES, GIVEN BY FRIENDS OR RELATIVES OR RECOMMENDED BY TRADITIONAL HEALER.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Yes you are correct. Some herbal treatments like Sutherlandia and St Johns Wort interfere with metabolism. Other supplements like Calsium may hinder the absoption of antirertovirals.

5
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/19

Cellfood is the best... anything that encourages oxygen production and circulation in the blood system is excellent... this is what keeps the virus at bay.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Sello | 2004/11/18

I read an article about a man who is on meds since 1991 but had to stop at some stage due to discontinued research. He restarted in 1992 with ARV's and his doctor advise him to use cellfood and up until today the man is doing fine. 14 years on medication together with cellfood to me that's great news. I will check the name of the magazine and let you know tomorrow.

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Loulou | 2004/11/18

yes one have to be carefull.

I asked my doctor (HIV Doctor) what will have a negative interaction with my ARV meds and he gave me a list. He had no problem with me taking Centrum and Cal C Vita everyday. He actually said that I should take a daily multivit and additional vit C supplements.

Reply to Loulou
Posted by: Light | 2004/11/18

Eish this is so true,
I'm on ARV's and taking Centrum but not everyday maybe twice a week. And does anybody know Natures Health Products, I bought LifeBoost and it says take 3 times a day, but i only take it twice. Drink plenty of water.

Reply to Light
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/18

Good tip Lindy... once you are on ARV's it is best for your doc to suggest which supplements you should take.

Reply to Inc