Question
Posted by: unbearable | 2005/06/30

this unfair, dark world

The world is so unfair, all we do is work our lives away, not even enjoying it.
I cant seem to see anything positive these days.
I am stuggling so much to just keep smile on my face. I keep worring about money, and have such alot of stess on my plate at the moment work is unbearable. Why do we live our lives in such a way. Is there no light at the end of this dark and gloomy tunnel.

unbearable, this sounds awfully like a Depression --- do see your doc for an assessment and a discussion of treatment options. And try calling the helplines listed on our Forum homepage, for a chance to chat about how you are feeling. There is light at the end of the tunnel if you get proper help ; remember, many tunnels have bends in thenm, so you lose sight of the light until you round the bend.

6
Posted by: Chelle | 2005/06/30

When you reach the stage you have, then I'd suggest this is the time to start thinking about what it is you want in life. What is the perfect life for you? What are you doing now, that you could change immediately? If there is no way you can get out of your job for example, then what else could you do in your day to make the day more bearable?
Maybe it means waking up and hour earlier, or going to bed an hour later, but do that one thing that makes you more excited about life. Start small, and add to that as you go along.
It's hard when you feel stuck, but there are definitely ways to get out of it.
You don't have to live your life in a dark and stressful way eternally.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: SG | 2005/06/30

We all go through times in our lives that are dark and tough BUT we do work through them eventually.
From my own experiences,I would suggest you try and get out more,whether it simply is with good friends or family,play sport etc.Look for the good things out there and never forget to think "happy thoughts",try to push the nasty thoughts out of your mind quickly before they become all consuming.

Reply to SG
Posted by: lady lee | 2005/06/30

YEs there is light ahead...its up to you to get up and focus on the postive things going on in your life!

Make a list of all the fun things you would like to do and start to make them happen... why not it giives you something to look forward to when the weekend comes and make the week seem not so long.

Life is about oppertunities and making them right now you are sitting down and looking at all the things around you than rahter getting up and experiencing them!

Reply to lady lee
Posted by: China eyes | 2005/06/30

Think of someone who doesn't have a job at least yoou are getting paid everymonth.Learn to appreciate and value whatever it is that you have in your plate.

Reply to China eyes
Posted by: Lara | 2005/06/30

I see what you are saying, but think of it this way, what does it help to worry and stress about it all the time?? It does not solve anything, just do what you can and go with the flow, otherwise you will end up going crazy...

Reply to Lara
Posted by: Paul | 2005/06/30

There is always a light, train or not. I think you should try and enjoy your job, it goes a long way towards helping.

Reply to Paul