Question
Posted by: Over Indulger | 2004/10/25

This is for anyone with advise for me

Dear Doctor.Thx for the advise in the past. I value your advise and would love to hear your point of view on this. I have however used the above subject to encourage others to respond to my question as all the advise helps. I am 22, weigh 55 and I am 1.75m tall. During the week I eat extremely sensibly and know what is right and what is wrong. I drink alot of water and excercise 5x a week. I do however feel that on weekends I over indulge and I would like to know whether or not this will be detrimental to my weight. I think that I have the opportunity to pick up some kg's (based on genetics) and that is why I try and eat so sensibly. On weekends I will easily eat 2 chocolates, eat out for dinner, maybe enjoy a slice of cake. Do you think that I am crossing out all that I work for during the week? Please help because I feel so guilty on a monday and so I feel that I have to improve my diet even more. Am I really being that bad???

Dear Guilty Reader
Seeing that your BMI = 18, I sincerely hope that you do eat a bit more food over the weekends because you should weigh 67 kg !!!! to have an ideal BMI of 22. Be careful that your guilt feelings and obsession with weight do not tip you into the trap of anorexia - some of the symptoms are already there - the guilt, the unrealistic view of what you weigh, the idea that you need to be punished for "sinning", etc. If these ideas increase please consult a clinical psychologist to help you come to grips with your body image, etc. Clinical psychologists are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you.
Take care

3
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/25

The key word is moderation.

To eat a tiny piece of chocolate and not a whole chocolate at ones. Listen to your body if your body wants chocolate it probably needs sugar first ask you if you had enough healthy food to eat during that day? Secondly have a tiny piece of chocolate or replace it with a juicy fruit ....

I really do believe moderation is the key word. Meaning eat a tiny bit.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Indulger | 2004/10/25

Thanx Kasandra but would it not be better to eat 2 chocolates over a weekend as apposed to a chocolate whenever I feel like it during the weekend. I know that this might make me feel less guilty on the Monday but in the long run does it not have a much worst effect on my body if I eat a chocolate whenever I feel like it.

Thanks for the advise. I appreciate it.

Reply to Indulger
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/25

Moderation is the key word, why not listen to your body and then when you have cake or get the urge for something sweet eat it and enjoy it in the week aswell.

Dont obsess about your food rather enjoy everything you eat in moderation, Eat when you are hungry and also listen to your body it will tell you what is good for you and what is not.

Have a healthy approach to your life knowing that a healthy lifestyle only creates positive points.

Its not about being bad or good its about enjoying everything in moderation if you want that cake eat a slice but limit yourself. if you eat a piece of chocolate every day i am sure you would not want to eat 2 chocolates on a weekend.

maybe your body is telling you something.....

Reply to Kasandra