Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/21

This Forum has the Power to change lives

Hi Ya All

I just had an incredible weekend after going through a really awful few months. I started on this forum about three weeks ago and complianed about my Bipolar issues an how it was affecting me - the anger, the frustration, the suicidal thoughts, the absolute feeling of helplessness and guilt about what its doing to my family and especially my husband.
One of you suggested that I start exercising - cos it would increase the feel-good hormones
Another(delene) suggessted that I start writing down things that I like about myself and I also wrote down the things I am grateful for and she suggested that I give my hubby a big hug.

Now - I have obviously heard this before - from the books and articles and papers and Oprah of course - but somehow because I guess I feel you guys are 'comrades' - I just decided to do it.

Firstly - taking the step to go to gym has been great. its still hard, but as long as I put on those sneakers in the mornign and get there - thats all I really need. By day 4 I was already looking forward to going to gym - imagine that.

I suddenly felt this tiny ray of positive energy penetrating my mind. On Friday evening I prepared a picnic dinner for us on the lawn and layed it out with the candles and wine etc... The candlelit bublebath with Strawberry Cape Velvet on the side came next and .....
During all of this, I brought up all these issues that have been dividing us. We talked and talked and I admitted that I was just NOT ALLOWING any positive thoughts into my mind . I was hell-bent on being the victim and for my husband to treat me wit kid gloves.
I know theer is some positive energy in all of us - we have got to dig deep and find it. Remember that our lives touch those close to us and we have the ability to really make these people happy - or bloody miserable.

Hey guys - thanks a bunch.

Dee, thank you so much for your delightful news and positive feedback --- and hearty congratulations on your achievements. You have achieved some very critically important revelations, and there's no going back now. You'll be doing just fine now. Well done ; it's a real pleasure if the forum helped at all.

4
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/21

What positive news! Your posting made me smile, it's always great to hear good news. You should be proud of yourself!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/21

Well, what a great positive breez after so much hostility here today.

So happy that you took action. Its inspiring to know that so much good can come from just a little effort.

Hope from now on it will just go better with you!!!!!!

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/21

Well done, Dee! I take my hat off to you. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have always been a very firm believer in exercise giving you not only physical my most importantly, mental power. It is extremely difficult to change from a negative to a positive outlook on life, but, I have done it, and now so have you. Welcome back to the living!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/21

yes, this is a powerful place indeed...... and i think sometimes we forget that....... i have been helped here many times by many kind and caring people....... thanks for telling us how you're doing.... it's always great hearing a good news story....... and good on you for actually going out and DOING something differently and taking the advice.... many people ask for advice but then don't really take any the many helpful suggestions at all........ so well done!!!

Reply to ...